HEALTHY BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine beaten egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a small bowl and stir well.
- Beat egg mixture into flour mixture with a spoon until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
- Coat a 2-quart round soufflé dish with cooking spray; spoon batter into dish. Coat a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil, coated side-down, so no water seeps in.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water into a 5-quart or larger slow cooker; place covered baking dish in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker; cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Remove baking dish and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake upside down onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before slicing into 8 pieces. Yields 1 slice per serving.
Adapted from weightwatchers.com. (4 points+ per serving.)